Form - Minor Waiver
Form - Adult
- All participants are required by City ordinance to sign a waiver
from the City before entering the Skatepark, display a decal furnished
by the City on his/her helmet at all times when using the Skatepark,
and wear appropriate safety gear at all times when using the Skatepark,
including the following: Helmets must be certified for skating/skateboarding
and fit properly with straps fastened. Knee and elbow pads and guards
are MANDATORY. All safety gear must be in good repair at all times
- The first decal furnished by the City to an individual will be
free of charge. Any individual requesting an additional or replacement
decal must pay a $2.00 fee before receiving said decal.
- This is a Skatepark ONLY. Only in-line skates and skateboards
are permitted. Any other device or equipment, including bicycles,
scooters and motorized vehicles, is PROHIBITED.
- Enter at your own risk. This Skatepark is unsupervised. The City
is absolved of any liability by State law (N.C. Gen. Stat. §
99E-21 et seq.). Flying objects are NOT uncommon.
- DO NOT enter the Skatepark unless actively skateboarding or in-line
skating in accordance with these regulations. NO spectators are
allowed inside the skating area. Watch outside the skating area
for your own safety.
- Engaging in profanity, reckless and boisterous behavior (including,
but not limited to, tandem riding, pushing, horseplay, and bullying),
or any other activity which could endanger the safety of persons
using the Skate Park or spectators is PROHIBITED.
- NO additional obstacles, including but not limited to rails, ramps
or other materials, may be brought into the Skatepark.
- Alcohol, tobacco and illegal drugs are PROHIBITED within the Skatepark
or on City property where the Skatepark is located. NO ONE is permitted
to enter or be upon the Skatepark while under the influence of alcohol
or illegal drugs.
- Glass containers or other breakable glass products (bottles, jars,
etc.) are not permitted inside the Skatepark.
- No food, drink, gum, or other edible items are permitted inside
- KNOW YOUR ABILITIES and skate within them. Exercise COMMON SENSE
and COURTESY to others.
- NO ANIMALS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES!
- Please use trash containers to keep park clean.
- Protect your Skatepark from graffiti. Engaging in graffiti, tagging
or other defacing of City property or the property of others is
- DO NOT use the Skatepark when the surface of the Skatepark is
wet or icy or other conditions exist that could adversely affect
the safety of skaters or skateboarders.
- Use of the facility is permitted only during Skatepark hours as
posted at the Skatepark, which are subject to change from time to
time at the discretion of the City.
- Any violation of these rules will result in trespass citations,
criminal citations under the City Code as well as State law and/or
possible seizure of equipment.
- The City of Washington reserves the right to revoke the use and/or
occupation of the Skatepark for those individuals who do not obey
the rules. In addition, all City ordinances and park rules will
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
The Patrick Cochran Memorial Skatepark is unsupervised. Only in-line
skates and skateboards are permitted. Any other device or equipment,
including bicycles, scooters, and motorized vehicles, is PROHIBITED.
No person is allowed in this facility without first signing the necessary
waiver provided by the City of Washington and displaying the necessary
decal at all times when using this facility. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED.
Pursuant to N.C. State law (N.C. Gen. Stat. §§ 99E-23 &
24), all persons using this facility must wear all necessary protective
gear, including but not limited to, appropriate helmet, elbow and
knee pads. Any person failing to wear the necessary protective gear
will be subject to criminal citation under Section 11-63 of the City
of Washington Code and said State law. The City of Washington will
not be liable for any damage or injury to property or persons that
arises out of a person’s use of this facility.